Our client has a requirement for Assistants / Cleaners (Evenings) for their offices in Lakeside, Portsmouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months initially. The rate of pay is up to £9.50 p/hr PAYE
This is a part time position, for an estimated 15 hours per week.
The Assistants / Cleaners are required to self-deliver a seamless hard and soft service facilities management provision to our clients employees and visitors.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
These positions will be based at our clients offices in Lakeside where the onsite facilities management team self-deliver a seamless soft and hard service provision.
The successful candidate will be working within a team reporting to the FM Supervisor to deliver the following services:
waste, recycling, cleaning, and all general FM tasks to keep the building safe for our clients staff and visitors.
This person will be flexible, ready for a different challenge everyday and have a willingness to assist no matter what the query or task presented to them.
Flexibility is the key to the success of this role and team.
We have 1 requirement, one for the evening shift, 4pm until 7pm.
* Use of appropriate equipment in a safe manner in order not to harm user or others.
* Waste and recycling supervision for the site - ensure all waste is secure until collection by appropriate contractors.
* Spill management
* Offer additional support and cover for holidays/sickness as follows (full training will be given):
* Delivering cleaning standards in line with British Institute of Science. Following correct cleaning colour coding of cloths, mops and buckets. (Full training will be given).
* Use of cleaning equipment (Scrubbers, carpet dry cleaning equip/shampooing equipment/hoovers).
* Use of appropriate signage during cleaning or other tasks to alert others to potential H&S risks.
* Waste and recycling control and ensuring that control measures are taken to remove office waste appropriately.
* Ad-hoc tasks - Maintaining dish washers and cleanliness/tidiness of kitchenettes across the building.
* Reactive /emergency cleaning tasks as required within appropriate agreed timelines.
* Ensuring key areas within the building are cleaned more frequently to present a high class image for our client.
* Reporting & maintaining cleaning material stock levels and ordering via the correct procurement process.
* Ensure kitchenettes are always stocked with dishwasher tablets/washing up liquid and sponges/cloths.
* Dishwashers emptied/filled as and when required.
* Report any H&S faults, issues or observations in line with the H&S policies and procedures.
* Wear and conform to the PPE H&S procedures when carrying out specific tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
* Previous experience delivering cleaning & soft services
* BICS (British Institute of Cleaning Science)
* COSHH (preferably)
* Understanding of health & safety (preferable)
* Excellent communicator and good listener
* Honest and punctual individual
* Customer service focussed
* Friendly, helpful & professional at all times
* Smart appearance at all times no matter what task is being carried out.
* Clear understanding of the importance of H&S procedures
* Clear understanding of the importance of appropriate security measures to meet the expected standards of service.
* Willingness to train and learn new tasks as required by the business in order to meet our clients role specific requirements.
* Willingness to wear appropriate work wear uniform dependant on task being carried out. (This may mean different attire dependant on role being carried out).
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.