Sitec (a Belcan Company) has a requirement for an Assistant Project Manager for our client, specialising within the Naval / Marine Engineering industry.
This is a contract role for an initial 3 months'; the role will be based at our client's office in Bristol.
Role description / task:
The Weapon Launch Products and Mechanical Controls Team (WLP&MC) provides design, manufacture, and in-service support for hydraulic systems across the Weapon Handling and Launch System. The team also manufactures key products for all DST projects. The product work also includes design, assembly, and test support.
The WLP&MC Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for managing the design engineering tasks within the team. The role will be responsible for maintaining budget, resourcing plans, managing risk and prioritising work to meet the cross project business commitments and business priorities.
Expected responsibilities include
- Cost control - Securing and agreeing budgets with other project areas, controlling budgets through proactive management and feedback to team.
- Project reporting including ETC Forecast reporting to project teams on current work packages. Ensuring reports are accurate, timely and presented in a professional and appropriate format.
- Tracking actual spend against expected value earnt across all projects and tasks
- Support Team Manager in stand-ups with team members on work in the week ahead.
- Change control - ability to identify changes to scope, cost and schedule baselines and liaise with internal customers to approve in line with change control processes.
- Priority management and ability to negotiate priorities with stakeholders.
- Schedule management - through the use of MS Project and Excel based reporting tools
- Resource capacity planning - through effective management of current work packages and stakeholder engagement to identify future packages of work.
- Stakeholder management of and communication to the internal customers within the business.
- Future growth of the team into other business sectors, supporting business winning activities including proposal development and supporting documentation.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
- Good Knowledge of Project Management tools
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Planning experience (Microsoft Project 2013 ideally)
- Sound relationship and teamwork skills
- Stakeholder engagement
- Commercial awareness
- Strong initiative
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- Experience working within IFS
- Experience of project management in an engineering environment, in particular able to demonstrate strong scope management skills;
- Experience of project management in an engineering analysis environment would be advantageous but not a necessity;
- Can demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills;
- Experience of driving achievement of milestones and can encourage and challenge the team towards success;
- Ideally hold a Project Management Qualification (e.g. APMP, PMI) and have 5 years operational delivery experience;
- MS Project 2010 / Primavera P6.2.1 or higher user;
- Strong skills with standard MS Office software, particularly Excel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.