Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering, Research Technology and Support Industry and are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to be based in their Bristol office on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially but is highly likely to be extended.
The Assistant Project Manager will be:
Part of an integrated project team of 10, all working to a common goal of delivering a configurable platform floor (Moving Walkway) to University College of London. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies. Your key responsibilities during the position shall be as follows:
* Uphold adherence to the Health, Safety & Environmental Polices
* Provide project management assistance to project manager
* Deputise for project manager as and when required
* Establish high performance standards against agreed KPI's
* Maintenance of project schedule inclusive of new scheduling tool
* Support active risk management utilising new Babcock risk tool
* Creation of purchase requisitions
* Engagement and support with supply chain
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes of the Assistant Project Manager:
* Proven ability to assist the management of projects activities
* Planning experience (Microsoft Project 2013 ideally)
* Risk Management experience
* Good Knowledge of Project Management tools
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Sound relationship and teamwork skills
* Stakeholder engagement
* Commercial awareness
* Strong initiative
* APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ)
* Experience working within IFS
Attributes required of the Assistant Project Manager:
* Proactive and self-motivated.
* Suited to someone who has the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Suited to someone who is thorough and pays attention to detail.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
* Excellent mathematical and data analysis skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work with multiple stakeholders.
* Forward thinking.
* Proven problem solver, trusted to deliver.
* Able to cope under pressure.
Applicants should be eligible or hold UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.