Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Pensions Operations Manager for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The post is an estimated initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £175.00 - £325.00 per day on a Ltd basis.
Position in Organisation
Reports to Head of Group Pensions with no direct reports
Key internal interfaces with Site Facing Teams, Finance and HR Functions, and Senior Managers acting as trustees.
Key external interfaces include: Site License Company, Parent Body Organisations, Subsidiaries and other participating employers' management, pensions and HR departments; Regulators including Government's Actuary department, the Pensions Regulator, HM Revenue & Customs, NAO; Central Government Departments including Department for Energy & Climate Change, Shareholder Executive and Department for Work & Pensions; Trade Union National Officers and site representatives; and pension trustees and members.
Other external interfaces include external legal, financial, actuarial and investment advisors.
Scope of Job
* Supports a robust pensions framework to facilitate client's strategy in the nuclear decommissioning industry
* Supports the delivery of Energy Act pensions protections and other regulatory requirements
* Supports the delivery of effective client governance of pensions across the clients estate
* Provides day to day pension advice to key internal and external stakeholders
* Provides pension reporting services to stakeholders
* Supports provision of the Secretariat to the CNPP Trustee, including the management and delivery of the pension scheme's operations
* Supports development of good management and team working within the pension department.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
* Prepares and monitors annual budgets and forecasts for review by Head of Group Pensions
* Project manages pension projects
* Supports robust pensions framework to facilitate client's strategy in the nuclear decommissioning industry
o Supports the analytical and policy development work
o Manages costs and liabilities ensuring good value for money in the use of public funding
* Provides pension advice and services to all levels of the client, its subsidiaries and SLCs
* Pension reporting services to stakeholders
* Supports provision of Secretarial role to trusteeships and provision of Trusteeships and operates pension plans
* Supports development of good management of the pension department
Staff Will Manage:
* Own performance, including self-development and maintenance of specialist professional knowledge and skills
* Health and wellbeing
* Own workload, including time and deadline management
* In addition, he/she will undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required
* Staff will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives as instructed by their Line Manager.
Qualifications & Skills
Degree level or equivalent
Professional pensions qualification (Member or Associate of the Pensions Management Institute (MPMI or APMI) or equivalent).
Practical experience, as a consultant or in management or administrative role, of developing and operating defined benefits and defined contribution pension schemes for large companies or government bodies. The role requires a working knowledge of the legal, regulatory and pension reporting requirements in the UK and experience in the provision of benefit administration services.
Skills include: the ability to analyse issues and develop appropriate recommendations, manage projects, apply diplomatic, persuasive and unbiased communication skills, and adopt appropriate varied, presentational styles.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.