Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Assistant Information Specialists for an MoD establishment in near Reading (private organisation). The posts are estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively circa £30.00 - £35.00 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis. PAYE option also available.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, Dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
* Engage with stakeholders to review and categorise their data.
* Carry out User Acceptance Testing.
* Use system tools to identify and segregate data for migration.
* Technical support to the operational running of the Document Management System.
* Carry out various system admin tasks and functions.
* Manage metadata and content types.
* Engage with and provide advice and guidance to user communities.
* Provide governance over system and support to lower level system administrators / service providers.
Provide a range of information management services pertaining to the lifecycle management, assurance and exploitation of information assets.
* Providing and ensuring the efficient delivery of information and record management services.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Supporting the lifecycle of documents and records management in accordance with processes, standards and procedures.
* Delivery against information management plans applicable to the area of responsibility.
* Ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), reporting against metrics and assuring issue resolution and identification of risks.
* Support the information managers in the delivery of current and new customer business requirements.
* Ensure information structures including the business classification scheme, file plans, metadata and templates are accurately implemented and utilised across the information asset area.
* Manage and approve changes to structures, ensuring compliance with standards.
* Ensure information access controls are accurately designed, applied and adhered to.
* Ensure inventory management arrangements are in accordance with standards and meet the requirements of the information asset area.
* Assist in the creation and maintenance of information asset registers and record retention schedules.
* Support physical and electronic legacy management and reduction, including digitisation programmes.
* Provide complex search and retrieval services to support customer exploitation requirements.
* Support local audits to ensure continued compliance and report results.
* Provide advice and guidance on information management standards, applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Contribute to and participate in information management change projects and tasks.
* Contribute to and support the implementation of information management process and procedural changes.
* Produce and maintain specific work instructions, ensuring they are available and implemented.
* Provide and maintain in-depth knowledge of information management services, processes, procedures and systems.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Educated to GCSE standard or an equivalent NVQ level, or demonstrable application of information management subject matter knowledge and experience.
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels with very good written and oral skills.
* Highly organised and capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks, whilst maintaining effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
* Highly adaptable and able to maintain focus and determination in a changing environment.
* Very good experience of document and record management using a variety of systems.
* Operating to a variety of processes and procedures for information management.
* Ensuring service excellence to fulfil customer expectations.
* Working with teams of people and customers of all levels.
* Managing specific tasks from inception to conclusion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.