Sitec has an exciting role for an Assembly Technician working for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months with a pay rate of £18ph Ltd.
Job Summary of Assembly Technician
This role is for a competent Electrical / Mechanical technician to work within the Mechanisms team to deliver spacecraft critical components on quality, on cost and on time. To produce a consistent high quality product in line with production paperwork. To be certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix. To undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
Products include SADMs (Solar Array Deployment Mechanisms), ADTMs (Antenna Deployment and Trim Mechanisms) and Cryogenic Coolers.
A right first time attitude is essential within this role; these are very high precision components.
The candidate will be assessed upon successful application to review the whether they prefer to be biased towards the electrical or mechanical disciplines.
Job Profile of Assembly Technician
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Team leader, lead technicians and Operations managers.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Production control, shop floor engineering and inspection
Working as part of the AIT team on spacecraft critical mechanisms products.
To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
From time to time the candidate may be asked to work off site - this may be in UK or abroad.
To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities.
Skills/Experience Required of Assembly Technician
* Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing, work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage.
* All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
* Must have good electrical knowledge and technical understanding, with qualifications or experience to suit.
* Knowledge required of crimping, splicing, harness manufacture, harness forming, thermal installations, all to an ESA Electrical standard.
The mechanism products are high precision components and with that comes a demanding build phase - it is essential that the successful applicant will be able to cope with this type of environment and show great attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years electrical experience
* Externally accredited skills.
* Time served craft electrical apprenticeship
* Shop floor level clean room experience
* Experience of working within an aerospace industry would be an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.