Sitec currently have a requirement for an Assembly Process Support Engineer to join our client based in Portsmouth. The client is a world leading Aerospace and Defence Company. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £22p/hr Ltd.
Job description of Assembly Process Support Engineer:
The process engineering team are the driving force behind process-based customisation activities for Assembly Integration and Test (AIT), to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) and implementation of innovative new technologies.
To provide, maintain and improve processes and procedures as a support to the AIT technical authority for the production of satellite communications modules and scientific payloads.
Working with the internally recognised expert, the Process Support Engineer is responsible for non-conformance resolution through to robust second closure implementation to prevent reoccurrence.
Project Customisation Phase
* Ensure design for manufacture by embedding AIT best practice and supporting technical issues with design team.
* Key stakeholder in influencing payload layout and optimising kit structure through 3D visualisation sessions.
* Working to prevent non-conformance and recurring issues by incorporating lessons learnt and innovative ideas at design level.
Project Preparation phase
* Translate engineering requirements from design documentation to provide detailed schedule inputs to Lead Engineers based on standard integration times and sound product knowledge.
* Review and incorporate supplier handling requirements into AIT operations.
* Interpret the payload BOM to assign generic integration processes for work instruction creation, including the development of procedures for new types of payload equipment.
* Attend project 3D visualisation sessions to ensure design for manufacture specific to process.
* Review and approve all unplanned work requests specific to process before execution. Provide feedback to author, detailed schedule information and ensure all parts are available.
* Technical input to project to ensure that new process and test methods do not compromise AIT activities and production times. (Design for manufacture / test).
* Prepare inputs to assembly readiness review to support Lead Engineer.
Project Operational Phase
* Monitor process implementation in operations and gain continuous feedback to optimise working mode.
* Support non-conformance investigations, resolution, root cause analysis and operational support.
* Produce re-work instructions based on product knowledge and robust generic procedures. Identify parts, tooling, skills and duration required to complete.
* Compile technical information required for efficient completion of transfer tasks.
* Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution.
* Support improvement and R&D projects including implementation of innovative technology.
* Creation and optimisation of training modules and media for assembly operations.
Qualifications/skills of Assembly Process Support Engineer:
* Ideally educated to degree level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Essential experience required:
* Experience of lean engineering
* Mechanical skills and relevant experience
* Procedures and process control
* Practical and proactive
* Quality driven approach with high attention to detail
* Experience in writing engineering documents
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis
* Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational)
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Good time management
* Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice
* Work overtime and occasional shifts (receiving hourly rate uplift when applicable)
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process
* Clean room experience
* Mechanical design / validation / experience
* Rudimentary understanding of RF properties and associated risks
* Previous experience of telecoms payload builds
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.