Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Assembly Engineer for our client based in Wiltshire. This is a permanent position.
The Assembly Engineer will be responsible for manufacturing parts to a high standard for delivery to the customer.
It is essential that the Assembly Engineer is able to follow instructions and work to drawings to produce parts and assemblies for delivery to the customer. The successful candidate should be responsible for reviewing the design of products and for making suggestions as to how they might be improved.
* To keep the working environment clean and tidy.
* To work safely and to report any unsafe conditions or work practices
* To look after tools and company equipment and report any damage or breakages
* To work to build manuals, using best practice where ambiguity lies, asking questions if in doubt.
* To raise problem notes where problems are observed
* To complete all necessary paperwork for each job
* To raise concerns with immediate manager where a problem impacts the ability to continue
* To raise issues with immediate manager where technical issues arise, preferably with some ideas on how the problem could be resolved.
* To help the design team in the manufacture of first offs, recognising where a problem exists and communicating with the design team before continuing.
* Making suggestions during the build of first offs with a view to incorporating them into the build manual, drawing or general design
* Helping the design team in the manufacture of special tools for production
* Helping Assembly Technicians where skill or experience may be lacking
* To check Assembly Technicians and cross check other Assembly Engineers work, within your own skill and experience levels and signing it off as if it were your own work.
* To attend training sessions when advised about them
* To use company procedure manuals routinely and to keep familiar with them.
* To help keep a positive working environment in the workshops
The salary for this role is between £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Candidates would ideally be available from w/c 07/08/2017 for interviews.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.