Sitec are looking to recruit an Architect for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester although you will have the opportunity to work with teams in Glasgow, London and Stratford-upon-Avon, headquarters and is paying competitively up to £40,000 - £50,000 per annum.
- Provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different buildings and elements.
- Work to own initiative and required to supervise team members including Technicians, Graduates and trainees. Supporting professional development accordingly.
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief in a lead capacity to small and medium sized projects
- You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions. Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
- Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent client in external project technical meetings if required
- Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required. Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Prepare and manage project controls such as; Enquiry plan, TRB review, fee estimate sheets/cost of further work, scope of work and change control preparation.
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
Qualifications and Training
- Degree in Architecture leading to RIBA chartered membership
- London Underground LUCAS card
- Main line / Network Rail PTS card
- CSCS card
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
- Full UK Driving Licence
Technical Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in the delivery of architectural design, in particular on-site experience within the transportation/infrastructure sector
- Fully conversant with the procedures adopted within the rail industry
- Excellent design and technical detailing ability and competent drafting skills in the following;
- Good freehand sketching ability
- AutoCAD / AutoCAD ADT or Revit
- Micro-station V8 preferred
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- NBS specification writer
- Sketch Up
- 3D drawing production
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.