Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Application Portfolio Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
To maintain the technical portfolio of systems, applications and software, and the alignment showing business context and use.
Overall Job Purpose
To manage and maintain the technical portfolios comprising of IS projects, systems, applications and software and their interdependencies to support the Portfolio Management function.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
* Accountable for maintaining the quality and consistency of the data of the IS portfolio
* Communicate the benefits of the portfolio, describe the journey and the end goal
* Promote awareness and transparency across the IT landscape
* Provide ad hoc reporting on the portfolio in support of IS and Business strategy and tactical decision making
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Maintain the portfolio master data set in the approved architecture / portfolio tool sets for their agreed subject area
* Maintain alignment across the architecture and operational tools
* Work with the other portfolio SME's to ensure consistency of the architecture descriptions across the portfolios
* Maintain enterprise level awareness of the business architecture with a view to understanding the business needs for new and alignment with existing IT solution
* Maintain awareness across the whole portfolio with the intent of highlighting gaps, overlaps and dependencies
* Identify opportunities for improvement to process and reporting across portfolio management.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
* A relevant degree, the equivalent qualification or experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with business and technical personnel at all levels, influencing towards the desired objectives as appropriate.
* Influencing senior management and business decisions by virtue of knowledge, experience and reasoning power
* Able to plan and control one's own work to meet defined timeframes with only rare reference to others
* Working knowledge of Architecture frameworks
* Working knowledge of Application portfolio management
* Working knowledge of Architecture tools
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.