Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Application Controller (maternity cover) for decommissioning of a former Research and Development Centre in Scotland. The post is for an estimated 8 month contract and is paying competitively for a 5 day week.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Our client requires an Achiever Application Controller to cover maternity within the Site Quality Assurance team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the effective support, operation and training of the IT systems.
The purpose of the post is to deliver IT systems and services to our client's site.
The right candidate will be responsible for the effective support, operation and training of the IT systems.
The Job Holder will:
* Manage, maintain and develop an effective IT system to support the document control and modification processes, liaising with the business process owners as necessary
* Liaise with software suppliers for upgrades, licensing and support issues
* Manage, test and deploy system upgrades
* Develop, manage and deliver training to system users
* Specify, develop, implement and operate reports to meet business requirements
The Job Holder may:
* Support and maintain the intranet system.
* Provide advice and guidance on IT system software testing to the companies staff
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
Essential & Desirable Skills
* 2 years practical IT, managing a business critical system in a regulated environment and experience in software testing
* Experience of providing support to customers in a busy environment
* Sound understanding and knowledge of document control, Management Systems and the DMR process
* Well-developed communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to influence others
* Ability to organise and prioritise own work
* A team player with the ability to work on own initiative
* Interest in software testing
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.