Sitec has a requirement for an Application Architect for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an estimated 5 months.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Applications Architect will work alongside the technical team, sales teams and prospects/customers to design solutions that meet the needs of the business.
You will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, presentations, whiteboard workshops, proposals and diagrams.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Partner with the business to understand sector and business units strategy and agree IT solutions to meet their needs
* Maintain an awareness of business solutions such as Fleet/Asset Management, ERP, Business Intelligence and CRM and other relevant technologies that might support business mission
* Lead in designing, specifying and selecting IT solutions solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
* Develop and maintain a model of Land's current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap
* Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
* Support bids and business change in estimating cost, and preparing business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
* Work with the Project Managers, other Architects and Business Analysts to develop high level project definitions for implementation of projects.
* Work closely with the IT leadership team to ensure solutions are transitioned seamlessly from pipeline to delivery and the solution delivers what was designed.
* Suite of excellent solutions that meet or exceed stakeholder/customers expectations for both functionality, availability and performance.
* Align with Industry Standards and Best Practice
* Support Development Teams and Enterprise Architects with delivery of the IT strategy
* Project experience and learning is shared effectively to create organisational value
Skills and Capabilities:
* Strategic business acumen, the ability to align with existing business strategy and ability to drive technology/digital systems to deliver to this.
* Experiencing in assessing a broad range of IT solutions and products
* Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
* Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
* Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver business benefit
* Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
* Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
* Ability to develop and cost high level solution architecture designs
* Experience of supporting bids
* Experience of working within an Agile environment
* Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
* A minimum of four years in a professional senior role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands
* Educated to Degree level, advanced degrees (MBA, Masters) preferred
* Full driving licence
* Experience of working with engineering and technical leads to define asset information specifications and standards for complex and critical assets.
* Experience of deploying solutions across complex secure environment
* Experience of working with internal and external customers to define portals to access and visualise asset performance and works data.
* Experience in leveraging asset related data in providing decision support, data visualisation and analysis.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.