Sitec has a requirement for an AIT Assembly Technician for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading employer in the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Portsmouth. The pay rate for this role is £19.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
Main role and responsibilities of AIT Assembly Technician:
To perform electrical and mechanical integration activities:
* Equipment integration
* Waveguide integration
* Coax cable integration
* DC harness integration and connector mating and de-mating
* Structural component integration
* Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
* Wiring activities (crimping)
* Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
* Basic engineering hand skills (filing, drilling, tapping, heli-coil installation)
* Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
* Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
* Following tool control procedures
* Active participation in continuous improvement activities
* Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
* Interpreting technical documentation (schematical drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
* 3D model navigation
* Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
Shift work and weekend work is required. Successful candidates may initially be on straight days or early and late shift (depending on Training room availability) whilst they are trained, this is expected to be for a period of 2 weeks for which they will be paid the basic hourly rate. They will then move to a shift pattern, which varies dependent upon payload, however, the information below is indicative of the more common shifts and their allowances.
Successful candidate will attend two weeks on site training working a standard day shift 08:00 to 16:00.
16 day pattern (4 on / 4 off pattern)
4 days (06:00 to 18:00) on 4 days off
4 nights (18:00 to 06:00) on 4 days off
Hours worked between 06:00 and 22:00 attract shift up lift of 20%
Hours between 22:00 and 06:00 attract 33% uplift.
Early / Late shift pattern (double days)
The pattern consists of one week of Early Shifts Monday to Friday 06:00 to 14:00 and then one week of Late Shifts Monday to Friday 14:00 to 22:00. The shift pattern has a two-week revolution period. Hours worked between 06:00 and 22:00 attract shift up lift of 20% hours between 22:00 and 06:00 attract 33% uplift.
You may be required to travel to other UK and International sites at short notice. Please identify on submission if this is not an option for you.
* HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
Or / and
* Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space or other high quality production or maintenance field
Experience required for AIT Assembly Technician:
Assembly experience of the following in high quality manufacturing area:
* Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
* Basic engineering hand skills
* Experience using basic hand tools
* Tool control
* Technical documentation
* Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
* Harness securing methods
* Proven experience in a similar role
* Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
* ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience
* Machine shop trained
* Experience carrying out structural activities
* MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
* Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection activities
* Knowledge on RF systems
* Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
* Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
* Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.