Sitec has a requirement for an Airworthiness Engineer for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Filton, Bristol. The max pay rate for this role is up to £36.00 p/hr LTD Company.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY DELIVERABLES:
* Accountable for ensuring our clients UK base has robust management of Modifications approval within allocated scope of responsibility. This will be primarily the Wing/Landing Gear domain but support to other UK domains will be required depending on reletaive workloads.
* Accountable for exercising Airworthiness approval privileges on behalf of EASA
* Accountable for ensuring certification deliverables are achieved for allocated Certification tasks
Reporting to the Head of Sub-domain Wing Structures & Landing Gear EAASU for:-
* Managing timely accomplishment of UK led Modifications.
* Reviews TRS for airworthiness input and classification
* Manages the integrity, philosophy and timely completion of certification projects proposed to both the EASA and the foreign Authorities in the framework of major and minor changes for all aircraft types.
* Empowered with decision making for our client when interfacing with Authorities and as such, resolves conflicts and complex issues with the Airworthiness Authorities and take decisions and actions on behalf of our client.
* Provides Airworthiness Approvals and independent check of certification documents within agreed DOM nomination (for Type certification and modification) on behalf of EASA (CVE/ DAE signatories).
* Management of the approval of modifications and release of Service Bulletins to meet aircraft delivery and customer requirements.
* Perform airworthiness activities in the modification process, specifically preparation/processing of approval of MAS and Airworthiness Signature, classification, act as Major Change Coordinator, preparation of Major Change Documentation and submission to Authorities, and interface with the Authorities technical experts
* Participate in creation of new IT tools/processes for use within the Airworthiness/ Certification environment, both internally and externally
The Airworthiness Engineer within its domain Wing Structure & Landing Gear reports operationally to the Head of Sub-domain Wing Structure & Landing Gear EIAASU.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS - Organisation structure
* Involved in a wide range of activities: Product Integrity, WB / SA / LR / A380 / A400M/A350 Programmes, Engineering (Center of Competences), Customer Services, Safety.
* EIAAV for modification activities
* EIAAI for training and airworthiness signatories
* European and foreign Aviation Authorities (civil and military) of operator's countries.
* Company system suppliers as contributors to certification assessment activities and justifications.
* Institutions/Universities, research or test facilities contributing to certification assessment activities and justifications.
* International regulation committees (Industry, EASA, FAA or ARAC).
* Strong experience in Landing Gear Engineering (Landing Gear Systems Engineer, Task Leaders, Braking & Steering Systems, BSCS, LGERS, Wheels, Tyres, Brakes)
* Experience in Airworthiness & Certification (CS25, EASA/FAA)
* Experience in Aircraft Modification Process
* Experience in Aircraft Configuration Management
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.