To assist the Advance Planning Senior Engineer to provide the analysis, vetting and interrogation of advanced work packages for submarine maintenance periods, then apply scheduling practise to produce an Indicative Project Schedule (IPS) and the associated planning assumptions.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Advanced Planning Engineer principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- Create, maintain, update and control realistic Indicative Project Schedules, assumptions and risk documents for in-service fleet-time projects, based on Key Items Lists, the Through Life Boat Plan and the Draft DAR.
- Analysing, vetting and interrogating the Advanced Planning Key Items Lists & DAR to ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements
- Maintain, update and control the Indicative Project Schedules submitted at T-24 months of Project Start for in-service fleet-time projects.
- Identify key items, activities and dates; project logic and durations; resource constraints; facility and safety case interfaces and constraints to comply with the requirements of the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Highlight risks, issues, options, mitigating factors and opportunities to the SSMP from the scope of the work specification
- Liaise with all groups as required within the submarine enterprise to obtain project activity logic, durations and interfaces as necessary
For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified in Section 4 to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are:
- The test organisations, engineering and production centres to provide information, logic, experience, resource requirements, equipment requirements and documentation
- Project Teams to provide information, experience, plans, programmes and LFE
- Health Physics, Nuclear Engineering and Procedure Authorisation Groups to provide information, experience, nuclear logic and procedures, plans and LFE
- Facility and Plant Management Groups for Safety Case and Facility constraints and availability
- Superintendent Fleet Maintenance (SFM) to provide resources and documentation for joint project requirements
- Ships Company and Heads of Department
The Advanced Planning Engineer must have completed:- ONC or equivalent in relevant M/L/C Spec
A good knowledge of submarine operations and maintenance.
A minimum of 5 years experience in engineering delivery.
Experience in managing and running submarine maintenance activities.
Qualified as a submarine Marine Engineering Department Category B or Category A watchkeeper.
Experienced user of Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, MS Office, MS Access, Acrobat Writer, Visio and Powerpoint
This role is controlled by ITAR and the successful candidate must have a background that will allow UK Security Clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.