Sitec currently have a requirement for an Administrative Assistant for our client based in Peterborough, this is a contract role for an initial 13 months with extension likely. The pay rate of this role is between £8.50 - 10.50 DOE.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Based at our Peterborough site and reporting to the European Divisional Manager for Caterpillar Electronics, the Administrative Assistant provides full administrative support to a team of c.90 Engineering Specialists. Caterpillar Electronics provide services to a diverse range of European customers and, as a result, this role enjoys a broad set of responsibilities, including global travel management, maintenance of business databases and working closely with the Purchasing team on both procurement and payment activities.
* General administration for the team including arrangements for team meetings and events.
* Co-ordinating the regular stationary & office supplies ordering process
* Administration of indirect purchasing activity for the team including ensuring procurement system is updated in timely and accurate manner and discrepancies are investigated and reconciled
* Liaising with external supply partners regarding agency staff invoicing
* Monthly updating and reporting for project time tracking system to ensure hours are correctly recorded for project spend tracking purposes
* Manage incoming (hard copy) mail
* Assisting with arranging travel schedules for team members - interacting with internal and external travel departments ensuring most cost effective and convenient methods of travel.
* Co-ordinate ground transportation, hotel reservations, rental cars and meeting appointments as required for team members and visitors.
* Maintaining the visitor database and any special arrangements for their site visit
* Liaison with site communications team and co-ordinating general communications to the team via notice boards and visual displays.
* Liaison with the IT department for all team IT and desktop services requirements
* Preparing office facilities and induction information packs for new employees
* Maintaining the office absence database
* Work Standards
* Working Together
* Decision Making
* Building Partnerships
* Inclusive Environment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Previous experience in a diverse administrative role
* Good understanding and previous experience of using Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Capable of working on own initiative and cross functionally
* Experience of operating within a fast-paced large organisation
* Confident and professional communication style
* Confident in making decisions e.g. travel arrangements
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.