Sitec has a requirement for an Accounts Payable Administrator for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 3 months.
The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for the day to day entry of purchase invoices onto the accounting system as part of a team where throughput is in excess of 3000 items per month. You will be responsible for ensuring invoices are processed accurately and paid in an accurate and timely manner.
This role would ideally suit an enthusiastic, deadline driven, AP professional capable of handling a high volume of work in a complex business environment
MAJOR TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
* Inputting invoices onto the accounting system
* Sending out invoices for approval via Omnidox
* Checking invoices are authorised in line with authorities list
* Matching invoices with purchase orders
* Reconciliation of supplier statements
* Investigating and helping resolve invoice queries, including dealing with internal and external customers to gain necessary information
* Select invoices for payment run ensuring all properly approved
* Raise one off BACS and cheque payments as requested
* Raising of Easy Trade cards.
* Actively participate in team meetings
* Qualifications - Maths and English at GCSE level
KEY ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND CHALLENGES/COMPETENCIES:
* Experience of using financial reporting systems preferable Omnidox and Navision
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to build relationships with internal customers and suppliers
* High level of computer literacy
* Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate information
Ideally candidates would have a good understanding of a Shared Service centre environment and of its interactions across the Finance community.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.