Sitec has a requirement for an Accounting Project Support for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract position for an estimated 9 months and the max rate of pay is up to £28.00 p/hr LTD Company
Accounting Project Support is required to provide Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting support, to ensure that business needs and requirements are met.
This role will be responsible for key tasks while certain team members are focused on a significant systems change. The role will be varied, with activities including:
* Month end reconciliations
* Investigation and analysis of balance sheet accounts
* Monitoring of stock count controls
* Support for roll out of new fixed asset physical verification process
* Investigation of historic asset under construction balances
Other responsibilities will include:
* Internal controls - help to ensure all processes are consistent with our clients internal control guidelines and are effective to minimise the risks of fraud or error.
* Continuous improvement - use experience and understanding to improve processes and controls.
Key performance measures for which the candidate will have full + direct responsibility:
* Month end routine is performed to tight deadlines
* Asset Ledgers reconciliation and control with assistance from the team
* Processes and controls adhered to, minimising error and fraud
* Balance Sheet reconciliations contain minimal reconciling differences that are cleared in a timely manner
Requirements for job holder:
* Qualified/part qualified Accountant
* Preferible ACCA, ACMA (CIMA) or ACA
* Detailed experience of Management Accounting and Financial Accounting
* Broad Working knowledge of business systems and processes of multinational businesses
* Knowledge and experience in SAP or equivalent financial reporting tools
* High level of competence in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel & Word
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of output
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic, enthusiastic team and to contribute with a positive, proactive mind-set
* Strong communication skills - multiple stakeholders at different levels and in different countries
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.