Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Accountant for our client who are a Petrochemical company based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract to start in June 2019 and paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Specific Job Requirements
- The work pattern is quite flexible 30 - 40 hours per week
- The candidate may need to travel occasionally to any one of the clients engineering service providers (Reading area M3 / M4 Corridor)
- Provides key business information and analysis to business to enable expense, headcount and volumetric targets to be achieved and maintained.
- Monitors general ledger entries and processing streams to ensure the reliability of general ledger information Prepares and analyses financial performance reports.
- Collaborates with department leaders in the development of capital, expense and personnel plans for forecasting and budgeting. Provides expertise on how to use financial data, the application of accounting guidelines, standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensures accounting practices are applied to analysis in an ethical and effective manner.
- Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
This position is responsible for posting complex accounting entries, reconciling complex accounts, etc.
Scope of Work
- Verification of Engineering Contractor billings for services & equipment / material purchases.
- Review and/or establish financial procedures. Review and periodic testing of financial & physical controls within EM and Engineering Contractor Contractual Compliance testing.
- Support Project teams to establish & maintain financial controls, provide guidance.
- Conduct Financial Risk Assessment.
- Conduct Unit Internal Assessments (project audits)
- Assess project readiness for and monitor financial closeout. Experience / Skills: Essential
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Prior experience in audit, financial accounting or commercial agreements an advantage
- Communication skills to interface with contractor, PMT
- Travel to contractors office & work site, incl. Regional EM External
- Services Contracts & compliance
- Controllers / Business Analyst with CIMS or Audit knowledge Desirable
- Engineering company / department experience
- Contract knowledge (internal) Duties:
- Establish and/or maintain Financial Control Plan(s)
- Administration of billing documentation
- Establish & maintain Invoice Logs
- Invoice review & verification; services & equipment purchases
- Invoice exceptions & monitoring
- Maintain Bank Guarantee Log
- Maintain LOA Logs
- Monitor payment performance
- Review & monitor Engineering Contractor payment/receipts (bank account)
- Monthly accruals
- Review and raise for booking
- Project procedures audits
- Rate verifications
- Rate Reviews (contract amendments)
- Evaluate project Commitments for yearend financial reporting
- KPI / Stewardship reporting to GPAC / Project management
- Lead & conduct project UIAs
- Prepare / assist Project / ERPC AuditsSkills and Qualifications
- Financial systems
- Minimum Stage 3 Part Qualified Accountant (early qualifier also considered)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.