Sitec has a requirement for an Accountant. The successful candidate will provide Financial Planning, Analysis and Controlling to support business needs and requirements.
This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months, the role will be based in Filton, Bristol. The rate of pay is up to £27.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience).
To provide Financial Planning, Analysis and Controlling to support business needs and requirements.
* Financial and management accounting activities of the former HQ company (now integrated in Airbus Operations Limited) and Testia Limited.
* Responsible for Accuracy and Validity of Financial Information in SAP.
* Manage month end process for former HQ activities and Testia, including co-ordination with other team members, to achieve the month end close on time and on quality.
* Perform key month end Balance sheet Reconciliations, including control accounts for recharges to other group entities, to ensure all is accurate.
* Focus on revenue recognition mechanisms for former HQ activities and ensure that costs are revenues are accrued appropriately.
* Produce monthly financial reporting for Testia Limited and support management in the preparation of budgets.
* Internal controls - help to ensure all processes are consistent with Airbus internal control guidelines and are effective to minimise the risks of fraud or error.
* Continuous improvement - use experience and understanding to improve processes and controls.
* Manage annual external audits of the financial statements for all activities within the area of responsibility.
Key performance measures for which the candidate will have full + direct responsibility:
* Month end routine is performed to tight deadlines
* Asset Ledgers reconciliation and control with assistance from the team
* Analysis of Financial data for different Business Areas
* Processes and controls adhered to, minimising error and fraud
* Balance Sheet reconciliations contain minimal reconciling differences that are cleared in a timely manner
* Assistance with preparation and completion of statutory financial statements for Testia Limited
Requirements for job holder:
* Qualified/part qualified Accountant
* Preferably ACCA, ACMA (CIMA) or ACA
* Detailed experience of Management Accounting and Financial Accounting
* Broad Working knowledge of business systems and processes of multinational businesses
* Knowledge and experience in SAP or equivalent financial reporting tools
* High level of competence in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel & Word
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of output
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic, enthusiastic team and to contribute with a positive, proactive mindset
* Strong communication skills - multiple stakeholders at different levels and in different countries
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.