Sitec has a requirement for an Accountant for our client based in Solihull. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
The Accountant shall perform moderately complex and varied accounting activities with limited supervision.
The successful candidate will bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management, conferring with management on proper method for resolution. Duties may include:
* Preparing financial statements
* Preparing and analysing management reports
* Analysing financial reports and records
* Reviewing reconciliations
* Providing training on reconciliations and accounting processes
* Advising on correct general ledger accounts for transactions
* Completing complex reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Accountant will perform accounting duties of a moderate complex and varied nature under minimal supervision. Some latitude for un-reviewed decisions is within the scope of delegated authority.
* Analyses financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
* May review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
* May prepare financial statements.
* When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Confers with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
* Provides training and assistance for accounting work and processes.
* Applies knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures to projects and day-to-day activities.
* May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
* Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyses data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE - EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced ability to seek out relevant information
* Ability to apply math computation skills including basic additional, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modelling
* Thorough knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information
* Knowledge of U.S GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting
* Knowledge of and ability to use the software packages utilized by accounting
* Demonstrated ability to create and maintain intermediate level Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
* Demonstrated initiative, leadership, judgment and the ability to communicate effectively.
A 4 year university degree or equivalent diploma, preferably in Accounting and 2 years of exempt accounting experience is recommended. Equivalent education may be substituted for education.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.