Sitec has a requirement for an Accountant for our client based in Peterlee, Country Durham. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotics technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
As an Accountant (Legal Entity) you will be responsible be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will perform a high level of compilation with a broad range of analysis work. You will review clerical input, advise salaried employees and entry-level accountants, generate reports and provide related commentary, review and validate relevant data and data sources, analyse information and provide feedback. Incumbent works on challenging, low to medium risk issues and makes decisions and recommendations as appropriate. Work will be directed by an accounting supervisor primarily through review of progress and results.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* General Cash Book (payments, receipts and bank reconciliation)
* Sales Ledger - responsible for daily invoicing, payment clearance, netting instruction
* Month end reporting - preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments, review of nominal ledger and preparation of the
* Monthly Departmental Overhead reports, intercompany payables reconciliations
* Company Credit card administration - dealing with card holder queries and new applicants
* Ad hoc support provided to Duty Manager for processing of paperwork
* Support of Annual Audit process with preparation of supporting schedules
* Bsc in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent relevant experience.
* Part Qualified or working towards relevant accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
* An accountant who has knowledge of general accounting principles.
* Ability to deal with confidential matters.
* Ability to work under highly pressurised conditions.
* Positive attitude, mature personality and ability to set priorities and organize workload.
Pay rate up to £29.00 p/hr LTD Company *(dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.