Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Access Control Centre Officer for our client who is a leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based on an MoD establishment near Reading and is an estimated 12 month contracts to start in September and is paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Our client requires an Access Control Centre Officer to work on a decommissioning project. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the coordination, planning, deconfliction and monitoring of works within an area of responsibility. Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 17:30 But must be able and willing to work overtime at short notice and occasional weekends when required.
Duties shall include but not limited to:
- Reviewing and collating documents to produce work authorisation forms, SSoW packs and permits to work.
- Chair PLOD and PLOW meetings.
- Conduct opening/closing rounds and operational checks of the complex.
- Undertake emergency response duties, i.e. mustering and dissemination of information.
- Report complex/facility defects and breakdowns to the appropriate department and track issues to ensure remedial actions are corrected.
- Develop and maintain consistent, professional and effective communication with the Client, Cavendish staff, contractors and client representatives
Qualifications & Attributes
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an engineering background preferably within the nuclear industry
- Security clearance or be willing to undergo clearance up to DV
- Have experience in planning and deconfliction of work tasks
- Be confident and a good communicator with both verbal and written English skills
- Be conversant with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.