Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Solution Architects for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12 month contract initially and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Our client are recruiting two additional Solution Architects to supplement their existing team. These roles will be responsible for designing IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions, prominently on Microsoft Azure, for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation project.
Whilst this is a deeply technical, duties will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
Our client are currently modernising its Business Working Environment allowing them to adopt a Cloud Services strategy. The initial phase of this programme introduced Microsoft Office 365, Workday and Azure IaaS but is now progressing to include a growing number of SaaS products as legacy Line of Business applications are replatformed, migrated or retired. The current planning assumption is for a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus onpremise hosting for any service that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
* The Solution Architect will report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
* The Solution Architect will work closely with IS Delivery/Project Managers
* The Solution Architect will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
* The Solution Architect will also liaise with the IT/Infrastructure Operations Team, the Application Support Team and with external vendor support teams.
* The Solution Architect will also be required to provide support and guidance for new emerging projects.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
Provide direction and leadership to all aspects of application architecture, infrastructure and application design.
* Provide guidance on the selection of IT solutions (including software packages) for projects. Being able to evaluate the potential impacts on the business such as license costs, phasing out of legacy systems, training etc.
* Select the appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively Takes full responsibility for the overall system architecture
* Works with the business analyst and/or elicits the business requirements to ensure the technical solution meets the business need and can be delivered on the chosen architecture
* Identifies the commercial impacts of changes in the analysis and implementation model and reports these to project management. Solution Design and Quality Assurance
* Production of high quality technical documentation covering the setup and implementation of design patterns
* Contribute to the development of Infrastructure standards, best practices and organisational capability.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required or equivalent industry experience.
* Professional qualifications / Microsoft Certifications
* Proven design, planning and implementation experience with Oracle Fusion Cloud.
* Proven design, planning and implementation experience with on-premise and cloud hosting environments.
* Strong experience with virtualisation technologies
* Proven design, planning and implementation experience with SQL and Oracle database platforms Design, planning and implementation experience with Windows Server technologies
* Technical design experience with Microsoft Azure and on-premise VMWare hosting platforms. Infrastructure planning, integration and deployment
* Solution architecture
* Awareness of Microsoft licensing models
* Well-developed communication skills * Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* Azure Networking (VNETs, Express Route, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
* Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
* Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
* Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
* Experience designing for disaster recovery
* Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Experienced producing multi-tiered, load-balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
* ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
* Able to work independently
* Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
* Good client presentation skills
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.