Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 x Azure Engineers for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12 month contract initially and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Azure Implementation Engineers will assist existing the Cloud Architects in implementing Azure Services from design documentation and test plans. Azure deployments can be either manually implemented from the Azure Portal, from ARM templates or from VSTS. The creation of some Azure low-level design work will be expected and a close working relationship with the client and 3rd party application developers will be essential to help them deploy application code and services into Azure.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with the IT/Infrastructure Operations teams
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with the Application Support team
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with external vendor support teams.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new projects.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
* Implement Azure Cloud Services based on the clients Azure design patterns and new development concepts and projects.
* Work with the clients Cloud Architects to ensure accurate configuration and integration of Azure Services
* Create low level documentation around the setup and configuration of those Azure services
* Implementation of Azure testing environments for newly released Microsoft cloud services and future upgrades to existing clients Azure services
* Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
* Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
* Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Azure artefacts throughout the programme
* Contribute to the development of Azure standards, best practices and organisational capability
* Act as an escalation point / SME for Azure technical issues and decisions
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
* Professional qualifications / Microsoft Azure Cloud Certifications
* Professional experience implementing Azure Services including PaaS and IaaS
* Hands on experience creating and executing ARM templates
* Deep Technical understanding of Azure AD, SaaS integration through Enterprise Applications including Conditional Access controls
* Hands on experience integrating Active Directory with Azure AD utilising AD Connect
* Hands on experience integrating Azure SQL and Web apps securely in Azure
* Hand on experience of integrating mobile and windows 10 clients into Intune and Azure AD
* Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
* Good Understanding of Office 365 integration with Azure
* Hands on experience integrating Azure VNets, VPN Gateways and Load Balancers
* Hands on experience integrating Azure SQL, Web apps securely in Azure
* Hands on experience integrating Azure Security Services including NSGs, ASEs, RBAC
* Hands on experience with Azure management and Log Analytics monitoring services
* Hands on experience with Azure Application Monitoring utilising Insight Services
* Hands on experience with OMS, automation, and runbook creation
* Broad project lifecycle experience - especially in cloud enterprise environments
* Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud platform features and capabilities
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* Azure Networking (VNETs, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
* Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
* Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (e.g. SOA, message queuing)
* Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
* Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
* Experience implementing Azure disaster recovery services
* Experienced implementing multi-tiered, load balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
* Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Familiarity with other cloud technologies
* ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
* Able to work independently
* Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
* Ability to follow design patterns and security principles when implementing Azure cloud services
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.