Sitec are currently looking to recruit a 1st Line Analyst for our client who are a leading player in the Utility Sector (Waste Management Division) the position will be based in Otterbourne, Hampshire. The post is an estimated 3 months Temp to Perm for the right candidate and is paying competitively up to £15.00 per hour Ltd or £12.50 per hour PAYE for a 40 hour week.
A 1st Line Analyst shares responsibility for the successful administration of the Service Desk's 1st tier operations and ensuring its function meets or exceeds exacting standards for service support as defined by service agreements. Reporting to the Primary 1st Line Analyst the role has responsibility for maintaining the interface between customers and IT operations and for providing a single point of contact for all service affecting requests and incidents.
Working within a team of service specialists a 1st Line Analyst will develop and operate systems for detecting, recording and resourcing service affecting incidents and seek measures to expedite the fulfilment of requests and minimise the effects of incidents of service degradation and interruption.
In the context of service operations and in accordance with agreed Service Catalogue definitions and standards:
* To identify all and any impediments affecting the efficient delivery of applications and services and determine and execute appropriate measures for their mitigation
* The proactive detection, recording and escalation of problems, ensuring management is kept fully aware of key issues and their status
* To develop knowledge and processes for the support of new systems and services
* To achieve and exceed Service Desk Service Level Agreements
* To carry out investigations to identify trends, problems and areas for systems/process improvements
* To resolve an agreed proportion of requests and incidents and progress remaining tickets to appropriate 2nd, 3rd line teams and/or 3rd party organisations
* To reduce the impact of service affecting incidents and problems and ensure an appropriate and timely response to all reported issues
* ITIL Practitioner or Foundation certified
* Advanced level education (or higher)
* One or more professional qualifications from leading solution providers: Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Oracle, etc.
* Candidates are required to have a basic understanding of the French language
* Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCAA, Citrix CCENT, Symantec SCS, ServiceNow CSA
* Appropriate level experience of a busy 1st tier Service Desk operation
* Good application support experience with a proven ability to learn new and complex software applications
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with several problems simultaneously
* Demonstrable understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework and an appreciation of the complimentary quality standard ISO/IEC 20000.
Dimensions of the Role
* Complexity: Support a complex portfolio of services/IT environments
* People: Ability to self-motivate and work within a team environment
* Location: National
* Skill Level: Team member
* Role Impact: Role holder's actions/decisions have a minor impact on the function
* Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with staff and management alike
* Good understanding of customers' business operations and a detailed understanding of their key applications and services
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.